Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho doesn’t think his team will be grabbing the transfer headlines in the last few days of the transfer window.
Speaking at his press conference ahead of United’s Premier League game at Hull City on Saturday, Mourinho said he was “happy with the squad” and insisted the club will be very quiet on the transfer front in the next 5 days.
“I have 23 players in the squad and in principle there is nobody leaving and nobody is coming,” Mourinho said.
“Twenty-three players is more than enough and, if you have a problem or an opportunity, then I have a few young players in the Academy that I will be more than happy to give an acceleration in their process.
“I like Cameron Borthwick-Jackson very much but he will go to Wolverhampton to play [on loan] because I have Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind to play left-back. These are the kind of decisions every club makes.
“I think we are going to have a very quiet week, not surrounded by helicopters waiting for someone to arrive or leave – I am more than happy with the squad I have.”
Mourinho was reportedly keen to add experience and leadership to his defense this month, but it seems like the Portuguese manager has changed his plans or is at least willing to wait until January.
United have plenty of defensive options right now, so unless someone departs the club in the next few days, the Red Devils are unlikely to dip into the transfer market.
The 20-time English champions got their signings in early, which allowed them to make a solid start in the Premier League this season.
It seems like United won’t be making any more signings this summer, which would be perfectly understandable given the money they’ve spent so far and their strong start to the season.